in Russian – https://crossroadorg.info/textbook-2022/
On September 29-30, 2022 in St. Petersburg (Russia) at the St. Petersburg Institute of history of the Russian Academy of sciences took place the International scientific conference “A History Textbook for the Future. A New Look”.
- Institute of generak history of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Saint-Petersburg Institute of History of the RAS
- Russian historical society
- Institute for advanced historical research (Association “IPII”)
- All-Russian public organization “Association of teachers of history and social studies”
with support of:
- International public Foundation “Russian Fund for Peace”
A lot of materials of this Conference have been published on the site “Khachmeruk” (Crossroads):
- Conference Program –
More than 30 videos
First day of the Conference, September 29
- Speeches (14 videos) https://crossroadorg.info/en/textbook-29-9-2022-en/
- Excursion in the Hermitage (3 videos) http://crossroadorg.info/hermitage-29-9-2022/
Second day of the Conference, September 30
- Speeches (15 videos) https://crossroadorg.info/en/textbook-30-9-2022-en/
- Excursion at the Archive http://crossroadorg.info/archive-30-9-2022/
About the Conference of the web site of the Institute of history
Scholars from different countries exchanged their experience in teaching history in schools, talked about the content of modern school textbooks and methods of teaching in schools. Among other things, the problems of the correlation in the programs of national and general history, the question of how much reading of passages from historical sources should be included in school textbooks, whether it is necessary to acquaint students with the discussions that are ongoing in science, and much more. It was decided to continue sharing experience and knowledge in this area.
The conference program ended with a tour of the exhibition of documents stored in the Scientific and Historical Archive of St. Petersburg Institute of History of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Senior researchers N.B. Sredinskaya and M.E. Proskuryakova acquainted the forum participants with documents from the collection of St. Petersburg Institute of History, in particular, with handwritten textbooks, teaching aids, as well as European and Russian diplomas of the Middle Ages and Modern times.
History textbook by A. Shubin https://crossroadorg.info/shubin-textbook/