(in Russian – https://crossroadorg.info/spyurq_27-7-2019/)
On July 27, 2019, at the initiative of the “Khachmeruk” (Crossroad) public organization, a discussion was held on making closer two divided Armenian ashkhars (worlds): Armenians in Russia and in the “far” Spyurq. Seven people took part in the discussion via Skype – five from St. Petersburg, one from Beirut and one from London:
Garen Arevian (London)
Yeghia Tashjian (Beirut).
They represented at least three long-term Facebook groups:
– Arm Petersburg https://www.facebook.com/groups/armpeterburg (from Oct 2012, 8,000 participants)
– The International Armenian Forum https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheArmenianForum/ (from June 2015, 18,000 participants)
– New Eastern Politics Forum https://www.facebook.com/groups/neweasternpolitics/ (from Aug 2010, 6,500 participants).
Communication was in Armenian via Skype, lasted about 2 hours, after which the St. Petersburg participants exchanged views for another 2 hours.
July 2019 is an important month for the Spyurq:
– on July 2-4, a large pan-Armenian media forum was held in Beirut,
– on July 18-22 numerous meetings with Zareh Sinanyan took place in Moscow
– on July 25, the main provisions of the Concept of relations between Armenia and Spyurq were expressed by N. Pashinyan https://www.facebook.com/zareh.sinanyan/posts/10206024210561131
In the near future, the proposals expressed in the meeting on July 27 will be published.
Those who want to practically participate in this topic can report their wish .